Changes...

First up, I need to be better about posting but I don't feel I have much of interest going on to comment about. So prepare for boredom! LOL

The other, more significant change, is my girl. She's becoming so grown up. Every day I see it more and more. Gone is the 6 year old mind and here is the teenager point of view.

Part of me dreads her growing up. The other part of me is really enjoying the person she's become. Well, molding into is perhaps a better way to say it.

It started with moving from the back seat to the front. This one seemingly small change is monumental to her. She seems different. Older. I don't know how to describe it.

We've begun to find a better balance of parent and friend. It's difficult to be the friend while enforcing the rules as parent. She's a sly one - if she senses an opportunity she'll snatch it and take advantage! LOL.

We went to pick up some groceries last night. She wanted a piece of pizza then chose to sit at the tables on her own and play on her iPod. The hardest part is letting her find independence and giving her some (controlled) freedom. She proved quite helpful retrieving all of the things I missed on my list. She found a few things she wanted to buy with her money (another grown up thing - she went to the bank and made a withdrawal from her account). She wanted to pay for her pizza and One Direction loot on her own. Such a big, grown up wonderful girl.

Parenting is so interesting. It's hard to close the chapter on her life as a little girl but it's so intriguing to see what this next chapter brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment