Spring Forward

I don't know about all of you, but I have a very hard time adjusting to the spring time change.  Don't get me wrong - I love the longer afternoons.  The morning, on the other hand, is not something that I enjoy.  Who would think that one hour would really have THAT big of an impact??  Well let me tell ya, getting up at "what really is 4:00 am" is difficult no matter how long the sun shines in the afternoon!!!  I will get used to it, it just takes me a little while.

That said, have I mentioned how much I LOOOOOOOOVEEEE spring?????  Seeing everything coming to life and rejuvenating is just the best time of the year. The weather has been warm and wonderful - temps of 60's and 70's in March....yes please!  It makes it very hard to be inside all day at work, but you gotta do what you gotta do right? 

The week before St. Patrick's day, my friend Sheila's restaurant hosted a 5K which attracted quite an eclectic mix of people!  There were 700+ registered runners - a great turnout for a first time event.  The overall vibe was just a fun, light hearted, good time.  I was so impressed with all of the kids that participated in the race.  The look of determination was written all over their faces.  Every age range was there giving it their all.  Such motivation!

Here are the race sponsors, Sheila Frost, their friend Sean, and James Frost...






 race crowd ready to start




Here is a link to a slide show of all o the pictures:

 https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/g_tVUEdb6yphjb1OINZM1tMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

I saw a fun St. Patrick's Day surprise jar on Pinterest and thought I would give it a try!  It is, after all, my high holy day :) Inside it had a glowing shamrock, green sculpey clay (Madi's current obsession), a green flower hair clip, green scented markers, green gum and some other little stuff...




Madi started softball practice last week which is a sure sign of spring!!  It is so much fun to watch the girls play.  I couldn't think of a better way to spend time then to sit and watch....okay, well maybe I could but it's pretty darn fun! Batter up!!!  Peanuts.....cracker jacks....bring it on!



 




And what is more telling of spring then flowers blooming? Between softball and flowers bursting, no matter what the calendar says, I say it is officially spring!  And flowers blooming means I am busy with my macro lens trying to snap every detail that I can!





These are just simple crocus.  Aren't they so amazing up close like this?  I would never have seen the spectacular detail of the stamen if it weren't for this lens.  It's one of my most favorite things!

 




 






So it is finally here.  Spring.  Even though winter was easy on us this year, I am just as ecstatic that warmer weather is here! 












Here is a link to all of my macro pics if you feel like looking at minuscule aspects of a flower!  Enjoy!

https://picasaweb.google.com/ciaran.wilcox/UpClosePersonal?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Chip was going out for a ride across the street so I took a walk out and snapped a few action shots of him :)  He's still got it!  Being out there along the trail waiting for him to come around brought back so many memories from his racing days!  












 A few weeks ago I had made plans with Erin to go bowling.  It seemed like a good idea at the time - the temps had not yet risen to 70* out and we were looking for something to do together.  When we met up on Sunday morning it seemed silly to be inside on such a beautiful day.  We scraped bowling and went to the park to play in the fresh air. Madi and Ethan had a blast playing together.  It was so nice to be outside just.....being! 



https://picasaweb.google.com/ciaran.wilcox/PlayTimeWithEthan31812?authuser=0&feat=directlink















 

1 comment:

  1. I love this post!!! Hard to believe you have had such an awesome spring so far...and it hasn't even officially started yet!!! I loved being with you guys on Sunday! Though bowling would have been fun...who'd have ever guessed the beautiful day we'd be given! Such a good call going to the park! I could have stayed all day! It was such a perfect start to spring and so awesome to see you!! Love you guys!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete