Let The Memories Begin....

See, didn't I warn you that this blog may be dreadfully boring?  There are only so many ways to describe what goes on in my day to day life: work, home, [work], sleep, repeat.  We are back to regular life and counting down the days until the next vacation.  Although the calendar says it is winter, it feels more like early spring. I am, as usual, anxious for summer to get here but am also wanting it to take its time getting here so it will not have to come to an end - much like a vacation.  Which brings me to this post......vacation.....

Most of you probably know that I have a photography compulsion.  Between my 2 cameras, my phone camera and my favorite app, Hipstamatic, I took well over 6,000 pictures from our trip to Florida.  Yes I mean it.  It often takes me a zillion attempts to get "the one".  So cleaning out the multiples, unclear and bad shots often takes me longer then the vacation lasted, but I enjoy it in some warped kind of way.  Culling through each picture basically allows me to re-live the whole trip and keep the memories alive.  Maybe it is gross excess, maybe its not.. either way I obviously have a difficult time finding the line between the two!!!  So here they are, consolidated as best I could, for you to review at your leisure.  I hope you enjoy them - I know we enjoyed being there to take them!

This is a summary of the trip, it is more of an album of favorites which also serves as a condensed version of the trip:


Most of these are Hipstamatic prints from the trip.  I have such a good time playing with that camera...



These are from the road trip.  We left home around 10 on Friday and drove until Virginia where we spent the night.  We woke up and drove from VA to Orlando arriving on Sunday Morning





Here is the Hipstamatic version of the road trip...



We arrived at Disney on Sunday morning, had lunch and then went to our room.  Later we went to Epcot and then watched the fireworks from our patio before going to bed. Magic Kingdom was open until 1am and I tried my hardest to get Madi to go but she just wanted to go back to the resort. 




We slept in on our 2nd day there.  Madi and I hung out by the pool in the morning then I went for a pedicure while they relaxed in the room.  We went to Epcot for a while in the afternoon and then had a pre-birthday dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse.  As usual, it was fantastic!  






The 3rd day, Tuesday, was Madi's 11th birthday!!  She opened her birthday presents, then we went to breakfast at Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom, hung out in the park for most of the day and then had dinner at Fulton's Crab House in Downtown Disney later on that evening.




We went racing on the 4th Day!!!  I did a ride along (which was ah-maaaa-zing) and Chip drove.  He was signed up for the 8 lap package which he quickly upgraded to 18 laps (more laps and faster speeds, who could resist??).  After our fun at the track, we hung out at the pool and then went to Hollywood Studios for dinner.
  




Our last full day was the 5th Day.  Since we didn't get to do all we wanted to at Hollywood Studios the night before, we decided to go back.  After spending most of the day there, we came back to the resort, Madi got a hairwrap, we went back to the room and then went to Epcot.  No trip would be complete without room service so that was our dinner.  I don't know what it is, but I just love to get room service.  There is just something about it...





Much to our dismay, the last day had arrived and it was time to check out. Everyone had a great time, the weather was very nice and the moods were fantastic!  We can't wait to go back!  After the car was packed up we let Madi swim for a while and then went to Downtown Disney.  We had an amazing lunch at Paradiso 37, did some shopping and then hit the road around 4:00.  Parting is such sweet sorrow.....




We drove until some small town in Georgia where there was a decent place to sleep.  And thank goodness because this is when I got VERY sick.  Ugh.  What a long ride home.  Chip and Madi were very good to me.  They did chuckle at me for falling asleep and bobbing my head and later said that they could tell I was feeling better because I started taking pictures again.  LOL.  Very funny you two!





So that's it.  Well, until I get my Photopass pictures back from Disney that is....









No comments:

Post a Comment