A new Higgins

My little baby cousin Adam is someone's husband - well, he has been since last summer, nothing new there. The news is that he and his adorable wife Erika are expecting a baby so we went to her baby shower yesterday.

Adam is my cousin on my dad's side of the family.  They live about 2 hours away in Limerock out on the western side of the state.  For reasons none of us are able to understand, we don't see each other all that often - except lately with all of the showers and weddings they have going on! Its quite fantastic.

I can't say that I was overly thrilled to hear they were forecasting 3-4" of snow this morning.  Ya, all set with that!  The ironic part is that Adam's sister Melissa's wedding was on the freak October blizzard.  I think this family needs to stop planning family events, they seem to make it snow!  As it turns out, the forecast was wrong. GASP!!!  I know, shocking right? There was some snow, but nothing of any significance.

The shower was very nice and it was a great opportunity to see the family.  The ride out there is so beautiful.  Between the bright colors of the baby green leaves and the snow in the mountains the views are just breathtaking.

 

 










 Here is a link to my full album of photos of the shower....


https://picasaweb.google.com/ciaran.wilcox/ErikaSBabyShower?authuser=0&feat=directlink


It was a great day and I am very happy to have a new baby Higgins join the family!  Congratulations to Adam and Erika!


No comments:

Post a Comment