Are we there yet????

Remind me about how much fun I said the traveling part was mmmmkay?? LOL.

We spent most of yesterday on the road. Well, from about 11am on we were any way. I don't know how Chip does it but he just goes and goes. Sign him up for the 24 hour Daytona Rolex race.

At around 10:00 we had too far to go for a logical check in but didn't seem worthy to get a hotel for a few hours. So a rest area it was!! All the pillows and blankets got unburied and we crashed for a good 7 hours or so.

We were back on the road around 5am & projected to be at the Beach Club around 10:30. And lemme just say my butt cheeks are numb and are SO ready to be there!!

Madi has been so good and patient. With every mile her excitement builds. She says she loved being surprised so much she wants every trip to be a surprise. I'm guessing she has no clue how difficult it was to get everything ready without her knowing. Not sure this is something we can manage to pull off twice but you never know!

We also found a western boot "outlet" which I encouraged Chip to stop at so I could check out the Gringo's. Turns out my idea of an outlet isn't the same as the Booty Bros! The owner was a real fine southern gent, let me droll a bit and off we went. Again.

Madi says no road trip is complete without a stop at Cracker Barrel. So that's where we had dinner!! It was such a nice warm evening, after we ate we chilled in the rockers on the porch and played a game of checkers. Turns out I need some lessons - totally forgot the rules! Oh well, I was there more for the fresh air and photo ops.

I am now seeing palm trees all around which you all know makes me giddy! That was, I saw these palm trees before the fog set in! But it's warm and the forecast for the next few days is 80*. Can't beat that in February!!

Just a couple more hours and we will be "home" again. We are all quite ready to be there and all for different reasons!


2 comments:

  1. fun way to watch your progress south. I always wondered who sat in those Cracker Barrel rocking chairs!! Now I know! By the time you read this, you'll most likely have been in the pool and settled in to "home". Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're having a fun adventure! You're probably there by now...which is making me dream even more about going back. Sounds like you will have perfect weather! I could handle 80 right now! The thought of driving down never really appealed to me but reading your blog makes it sound fun...the boot shop looked quite interesting to say the least! Lol! Enjoy your day and the palm trees and soak up the sun! Have fun!!!!!

    ReplyDelete