Motoring.....

We were trucking along doing really well until..... we got to Washington DC. Ugh. The traffic stopped dead. Boooooo. It was getting late & we needed dinner but were stuck until we rolled to the next exit and got off the highway.

I got duped by my "what's at the next exit" app again. Outback Steakhouse sounded like a good option (seeing as that was about it for options) and we went searching. And searching. And searching. The GPS had us going in circles. Not again. We never found it but we did see some nice residential neighborhoods.

As we tried to find our way back to 95 we happened upon TGIFridays so looks like we were going there!! WOW! Either I'm getting old or that place had its music louder then some dance clubs I've been in. Yowza. But the food was good and we got a break from the car.

[SIDEBAR; I must say I was rather amused that the promo night at TGIFridays is on Thursday nights. Silly, no??]

So at this point everyone was tired and there was a hotel nearby so we went and crashed for the night. The good part about having extra time is we had no need to set an alarm or be off at any special time. See why I like this?? We got a good nights sleep, breakfast and hit the road again around 11am. We are in Virginia somewhere. I think.

On the road again....

[PS - if you know me, you know how much these pictures posting out of order is annoying me]

No comments:

Post a Comment