Yesterday...take 2

Well my last post was extremely brilliant but I lost it...so lower your expectations!!!

After two days of driving the words "arriving at destination" were magical to say the least! If you've ever been to the Beach Club you know what I mean by THAT SMELL....oh we walked in the doors and the blissful smell hit us!

I make the same request with every trip - a room on the Epcot/woods side on a higher floor. You never know how that will pan out. We got here around 1:00 and our room wasn't ready yet. No worries we grabbed lunch and enjoyed the heat of the day. It was HOT. Very hot, very sunny and quite wonderful!! I think the earth must have shifted on its axis because Chip joined me in having a Mai Tai....and liked it! Finally the text came. Our room was ready. Room #471 was waiting!!! Holy moly we've never had a better room! The view is smack dab in front of Spaceship Earth (a/k/a the big golf ball). Wow! I was blown away!!!

A shower was on the agenda and man oh man did it hit the spot! Then it was off to Epcot for dinner and I thought to Magic Kingdom since it was open until 1am. We ate and wandered the rule as Madi announces she'd rather go for a swim. What? No MK? No rides? The pool. Well okay, we were tired so that worked!!!

Being the uber mean parents we are the thunderstorm that passed over with lightening but a damper on swimming plans. Literally. We watched the lady half of the Super Bowl and crashed!! The view of the fireworks from our patio was spectacular!

I woke to the sounds of Madi's spoon hitting her bowl of Froot Loops. It is vacation after all!!

She declared today a chill day. Already? It's our first day. After coffee on the patio with the sun blazing we hit the pool!!

On the way down we were talking to the resort greeter, Tina. She reminded us that we might want to avoid the Magic Kingdom. When Eli Manning says "I'm going to Disney World" he means it!! The victory parade was this morning. All set with that for a number of reasons!

So I'm chillin in a lounge chair, Madi's swimming and Chip is up in the room relaxing. I have a pedicure later this morning. Unfortunately I seem to be losing the sun. Rain is in the forecast for later. It's warn so let it rain!

1 comment: